发新话题
打印

癌症,人类的克星(有感于Layton去世)

癌症,人类的克星(有感于Layton去世)

Layton,坚强的斗士
癌症,人类的克星
NDP党魁Jack Layton今晨去世,享年只有61岁。他给人的印象是那样坚强而有信心。可这位在任何场合都会给人传递斗志和勇气的人,却不敌癌症,走得这样快,不仅令人感叹生命之脆弱。这么多的科学家在努力奋斗,攻克癌症,怎么这样难...。

可惜,五月份的胜利刚刚过去

战胜不过前列腺癌

加拿大人的偏方--读者自己理解

俺曾给很多地方发消息,希望帮助更多的人,都让人跟当垃圾给删了。http://phoenixtears.ca/

唉 很可惜 他对NDP功不可没啊 我一直都支持他的

唉!每個人都有這一天。有生就有死。人走到盡頭時,又可帶走甚麼呢?
惟希望大家都能找到永恆的信念,才回到造物主那裡。
珍惜眼前人。

相信人类迟早可以击败癌症的

人若都有生无死,那生的意义何在呀

“逝者长已矣,生者如斯夫。”

跟 bluesea 有同感。

人生无常,不过他走的也太快,太出人意料了。

的却如 Victorian2010 所说,"珍惜眼前人“!

转贴:林顿之死对加拿大是很大的损失

加拿大新民主党党魁杰克·林顿癌症不治昨日逝世。很多人认为今年5月的激烈竞选活动是林顿癌症复发的主要因素。林顿之死,不仅是加拿大左派的损失,也是加拿大国家的很大损失。

加拿大举国哀悼这位杰出的政治领袖,不只是因为林顿的人格和魅力,也不只是因为这次的联邦选举,在林顿的领导下,新民主党取代自由党而成为反对党,并取代魁党成为获得魁北克省的最多席位的联邦政党。

林顿逝世的最重要意义,是加拿大从此失去了一个响亮的作为“社会良心”
(social conscience) 的声音。

约翰·吉伯特·林顿(John Gilbert "Jack" Layton1950-07-18
2011-8-22)出生
于魁北克省蒙特利尔市,林顿的父亲曾是联邦保守党政府内阁部长,林顿在麦吉尔大学读书后移居多伦多,在约克大学获得政治学博士学位。林顿曾任职怀雅逊大学
(Ryerson University) 教授,他的著作包括《无家可归:危机的造成和解决》
(Homelessness: The Making and Unmaking of a Crisis) 《直言不讳》(Speaking Out)

参与联邦政治之前林顿曾任多伦多市议员、副市长和署理市长。和林顿相守 28 年的(第二任)妻子邹至蕙是第一代香港移民兼国会议员。从妻子邹至蕙林顿学会简单粤语,经常以粤语向华人社区交流。

加拿大总理哈伯的唁文说,“杰克逝世令我无比悲痛。7月他因病暂时离任时我曾与他谈话,很遗憾,那是我们的最后一次谈话。我仅代表所有加拿大人,对他为国家的贡献致敬。我知道杰克与癌症抗争竭尽所能,正如他一生从未对任何挑战退缩。我和家人衷心深切慰问邹至蕙及家人,我们的思念与祈祷在这最艰难的时刻与你们同在。”

美国驻加拿大大使 David Jacobson 说,“我代表我的家人以及美国人民表达我们对杰克去世的哀痛。我永远忘不了杰克在加拿大大选活动的‘happy warrior’形象。他的干劲、
热心和热情给我们留下很深刻的印象。杰克为大家立下一个很高的标准。”

林顿是一个“加拿大模式”巨人。在加拿大政坛林顿有自己的合法的选民群体
(legitimate constituency) 。加拿大是世界独特的、多元、左、右、中兼容的社会,在有悠久民主传统的加拿大,大家可以持有不同意见,但同时尊重各个人的主张。任何人没有毁灭政治对手的必要。一个健康的民主国家需要强有力的右边和左边的“辩护者”(advocates)

英语俗语这样形容伟人,“He casts a long shadow”,无疑,林顿是一个影响深远、难取代的政治家。

加拿大政府宣布林顿的国葬将于本週六在多伦多 Roy Thomson Hall 举行。国葬礼仪有严格的规则,是国家致国家元首或对国家有重大影响的人物举行的最高葬礼,于此可见,林顿之死,对加拿大是一件大事。

Text of Jack Layton's letter to Canadians(转贴)

转贴来源  http://news.ca.msn.com/canada/text-of-jack-laytons-letter-to-canadians

TORONTO - Jack Layton's family has released a letter the federal NDP leader wrote just two days prior to his death today at the age of 61. The text of that letter follows.
August 20, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Dear Friends,
Tens of thousands of Canadians have written to me in recent weeks to wish me well. I want to thank each and every one of you for your thoughtful, inspiring and often beautiful notes, cards and gifts. Your spirit and love have lit up my home, my spirit, and my determination.
Unfortunately my treatment has not worked out as I hoped. So I am giving this letter to my partner Olivia to share with you in the circumstance in which I cannot continue.
I recommend that Hull-Aylmer MP Nycole Turmel continue her work as our interim leader until a permanent successor is elected.
I recommend the party hold a leadership vote as early as possible in the New Year, on approximately the same timelines as in 2003, so that our new leader has ample time to reconsolidate our team, renew our party and our program, and move forward towards the next election.
A few additional thoughts:
To other Canadians who are on journeys to defeat cancer and to live their lives, I say this: please don't be discouraged that my own journey hasn't gone as well as I had hoped. You must not lose your own hope. Treatments and therapies have never been better in the face of this disease. You have every reason to be optimistic, determined, and focused on the future. My only other advice is to cherish every moment with those you love at every stage of your journey, as I have done this summer.
To the members of my party: we’ve done remarkable things together in the past eight years. It has been a privilege to lead the New Democratic Party and I am most grateful for your confidence, your support, and the endless hours of volunteer commitment you have devoted to our cause. There will be those who will try to persuade you to give up our cause. But that cause is much bigger than any one leader. Answer them by recommitting with energy and determination to our work. Remember our proud history of social justice, universal health care, public pensions and making sure no one is left behind. Let’s continue to move forward. Let’s demonstrate in everything we do in the four years before us that we are ready to serve our beloved Canada as its next government.
To the members of our parliamentary caucus: I have been privileged to work with each and every one of you. Our caucus meetings were always the highlight of my week. It has been my role to ask a great deal from you. And now I am going to do so again. Canadians will be closely watching you in the months to come. Colleagues, I know you will make the tens of thousands of members of our party proud of you by demonstrating the same seamless teamwork and solidarity that has earned us the confidence of millions of Canadians in the recent election.
To my fellow Quebecers: On May 2nd, you made an historic decision. You decided that the way to replace Canada’s Conservative federal government with something better was by working together in partnership with progressive-minded Canadians across the country. You made the right decision then; it is still the right decision today; and it will be the right decision right through to the next election, when we will succeed, together. You have elected a superb team of New Democrats to Parliament. They are going to be doing remarkable things in the years to come to make this country better for us all.
To young Canadians: All my life I have worked to make things better. Hope and optimism have defined my political career, and I continue to be hopeful and optimistic about Canada. Young people have been a great source of inspiration for me. I have met and talked with so many of you about your dreams, your frustrations, and your ideas for change. More and more, you are engaging in politics because you want to change things for the better. Many of you have placed your trust in our party. As my time in political life draws to a close I want to share with you my belief in your power to change this country and this world. There are great challenges before you, from the overwhelming nature of climate change to the unfairness of an economy that excludes so many from our collective wealth, and the changes necessary to build a more inclusive and generous Canada. I believe in you. Your energy, your vision, your passion for justice are exactly what this country needs today. You need to be at the heart of our economy, our political life, and our plans for the present and the future.
And finally, to all Canadians: Canada is a great country, one of the hopes of the world. We can be a better one – a country of greater equality, justice, and opportunity. We can build a prosperous economy and a society that shares its benefits more fairly. We can look after our seniors. We can offer better futures for our children. We can do our part to save the world’s environment. We can restore our good name in the world. We can do all of these things because we finally have a party system at the national level where there are real choices; where your vote matters; where working for change can actually bring about change. In the months and years to come, New Democrats will put a compelling new alternative to you. My colleagues in our party are an impressive, committed team. Give them a careful hearing; consider the alternatives; and consider that we can be a better, fairer, more equal country by working together. Don't let them tell you it can't be done.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.
All my very best,
Jack Layton

“My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.”
他的话总是那样诚挚,激人向上。让人无法不怀念。
安息吧,Jack !

许多国人都说加拿大人“憨”,说不好听就是笨。从国家关系,福利政策到人际关系,加拿大人有其独特得价值取向。
俗话说一方水养一方人,加拿大产生Jack layton这样得政治家是有其深层次的原因。加拿大民风朴实善良,崇尚诚实正义。尽管社会也有种族歧视和总总不公,在今天这个乱世当算得上国泰民安。

Jack Layton死后得殊荣可能是他生前都始料未及的,难得的是得到反对方的赞誉。我们可以不认同他的政治主张,却不能不欣赏他的品格和风范。

Jack Layton的的确确在全世界为加拿大人挣了面子。

刚刚看完 为Jack Layton举行的国葬仪式,庄严、积极、感人肺腑... ...。

再见了,Jack Layton,请一路走好。
你赢得了全社会的尊重,你是加拿大人的骄傲!

看了CBC的直播,丢下漂亮的香港妻子,可爱的小孙女,61岁就定格的JACK,真的走的太早

人生无常,不能想象一切仅仅发生于两个月

万维读者网记者Paul摄影文章:2011年带领加拿大新民主党(NDP)旋风般的跃上加国政坛的知名政治家、加拿大官方反对党党魁杰克·林顿(Jack Layton),在与癌症的搏斗中落下阵来,不幸辞世,加拿大官方于8月27日在多伦多为林顿举办了国葬,以悼念这位坚毅顽强的政治家、以及他为加拿大所作出的贡献。

仅仅2个月前,6月17-19日,林顿组织、出席了新民主党(NDP)在温哥华国际会议中心举行的NDP全国代表大会,并在大会上作了演讲,万维记者Paul采访了这场刚刚赢得了5月大选、并出任官方反对党的NDP全国代表大会,并拍摄了多幅杰克·林顿的图片,在今天全国举行杰克·林顿的国葬之际,用图片对这位加拿大政治家进行悼念(下):

1、杰克·林顿的演讲组照

2、杰克·林顿的演讲组照

发新话题