发新话题
打印

Elite 8月专刊 美国院校报考提示

Elite 8月专刊 美国院校报考提示

ELITE的暑假学习集训班已经完成一半 下半程将于8月2日至8月29开班 想充分利用暑假时间学习的同学们 尤其是10月要面临SAT考试的同学 希望你们抓紧这宝贵的一个月 8月
这里是ELITE8月美国院校报考提示的专刊   里面有不少重要提示 希望对你有所帮助
如有问题 或对我们的课程有兴趣 请联系 250 592 8989.

August 2011 | e- Newsletter

Back to School a Month Ahead!

The dog days of summer are upon us,  but Elite students are keeping up their vigorous studies and faithfully attending classes five days a week.
They are building their futures right before our eyes, never wavering in their quest to reach their highest goals of attending a prestigious university. We applaud our students, and thank their parents, for allowing Elite to assist them in attaining these lofty goals.
U.S. College Application Calendar

College application season is right around the corner!

There’s a lot to keep track of when you’re applying to college. Your child can use this calendar to get an overview of the college application process and its important deadlines.
It is only a general guide and does not apply to all colleges. Consult application materials, admission offices and institution websites for the specific requirements and deadlines for each college.

The revised 2011-12 version of the Common Application will go live on August 1.

The Summer Before Senior Year
  • Visit colleges that interest you. Get the campus tour schedule. Arrange an on-campus interview with an admission representative.
  • Create a resume — a list of your accomplishments, activities and work experiences.
  • Register early for fall test dates for the SAT® and SAT Subject Tests™.

September
  • Contact your school counselor; Finalize your list of colleges.
  • If you plan to apply through an early decision or early action program, get started on your applications right away. Begin working on your college essays.

October
  • Ask your counselor, teachers or employers for letters of recommendation.
  • If you take the SAT or SAT Subject Tests this month, make sure your scores are sent to each of your colleges.

November
  • Submit early decision and early action applications on time.
  • Follow up to ensure that letters of recommendation are sent on time to meet your deadlines.
  • If you take the SAT or SAT Subject Tests this month, make sure your scores are sent to each of your colleges.

December
  • Try to wrap up college applications before winter break. Make copies of each application before you send it.

January-March
  • Have your counselor send your first-semester grades to colleges that require a midyear grade report.(January)
  • Contact your colleges and confirm that all necessary application materials have been received.
  • Continue to perform well in school and don't get senioritis; colleges want to see strong second-semester grades.
  • Read carefully any admission decisions that arrive in March; some may require action on your part.

April-June
  • Make a final decision, and mail the enrollment form and deposit check to the college you select before the May 1 enrollment deadline (for most colleges).
  • Study hard for final exams. Most admission offers are contingent on your final grades.
  • Have your counselor send your final transcript to your chosen college.

Summer
  • Make travel plans; Make sure to sign up for first-year orientation.
One of the Most Important Steps in the Application Calendar

-Visiting Schools & Attending Information Sessions

Elite Ivy League Exploration & Admissions Workshops
With Elite Alumni & Elite Teachers

Elite Education Canada, a leading US university preparation school, offers an extensive exploration opportunity to ensure that this multi-faceted experience leaves a strong impression on the students and motivates them as they embark on their university preparation.

·
Date: Aug. 26, 2011 – Sep. 2, 2011
·
Students in Gr. 8-10 & recommended by Campus directors
·
Visiting universities :Harvard University, MIT, Yale University, Columbia University, Princeton University, University of Pennsylvania, Brown University, NYU
     ·
City Tours in New York/Washington D.C.

*Qualified students only. Consult the campus director.

Elite Helps you Build Your Own Application Calendar

University Admission Consulting Service for Grade 11

In-depth, step-by-step college admissions counseling exclusively for grade 11
students.

Comprehensive package of custom services (“Essential ALPHA”) includes:
  • initial consultation and profile assessment,
  • 12th grade curriculum and optimum test planning (SAT Reasoning and Subject Test),
  • college matching and application strategies,
  • private one-on-one essay and allocation consulting,
  • recommendation advice, and waitlist guidance,
  • AND THEN SOME (“Essential OMEGA”);
a group of consultants  involves for application strategy and essay coaching process. Interview training and extracurricular activity reviews are included.

Grade 9 & 10 Early Bird Extra Care
designed for Gr. 9 & 10 students who want to start preparing for college admission early. The focus of this service will be to assist students in finding the right direction in terms of school major and study plan. Students’ academic progress will be closely checked.

This comprehensive package of custom services includes:
  • diagnostic test, comprehensive year-plan, standard tests scheduling,

• high school course selection, aptitude test, major search, master planning,

• GPA tracking, resume preparation, extracurricular activities planning,
  • school counselor relationship check-up,

• career planning seminar and workshop participation.
Tough Challenge, But We Never Gave Up!

The VYCS’s first Invitational Charity Golf Tournament was a resounding success!

Participants enjoyed a day out on the links under a clear blue sky with warm breezes that added to the atmosphere of comradarie and competition amongst the avid golfers.
Golfers partook of drinks, snacks, and a wonderful dinner after the clubs were put away for the day. They played games and entered competitions at different holes and spent the day laughing, meeting new friends, and getting plenty of fresh air and sunshine.

Students were kept busy at the registration tables selling Mulligan tickets to golfers wanting an additional chance to drive a ball. One of the highlights of the day was the students selling over 2000 raffle tickets during the event, getting everyone very excited to donate, and then thrilling them when they won a prize later in the evening. The event raised $10,267.99 in generous donations, far exceeding their initial goal of $6,000.

Students’ Talk

Four students from Catherine’s R&W Level 6 class wrote…

Richie: My name is Richie and I like coming to Elite because it helps me up my marks at home. My writing got better at school because of Elite. I like the students here too. My teacher is very kind to us and keeps giving us hints.

Angel:
My name is Angel and I like coming to Elite because it helps me with my English Language Arts at school. It helps with my vocabulary words and we get to read a lot of interesting books.

David:
My name is David and I like coming to Elite because it improves my school work. It’s good because I can get my homework done quickly. Even though it is boring, it’s important for your future. It helped me with vocabulary.

Tony:
My name is Tony and I like coming to Elite because we have a wonderful teacher that makes work interesting. I also like Elite because it has improved my other school work. I now do better in spelling, and can read faster. Elite is a very good school.

Mark This on Your Calendar

• Summer Boot Camp, Jun 30th to August 26th
  • CFGL IAC Competitions, June 30th to August 26th
  • Elite Summer Break July 28th to August 1st
  • Fall Session begins Saturday, Sept. 3

See You in September 2011!

发新话题