银行账户信息,定存投资,个人贷款,房屋贷款。如果你想得到更多的咨询或更快的回复,可以给我来电或email:
Lina Feng 冯莉娜
Financial Services Manager
Bank of Montreal Safeway Instore
1950 Foul Bay Road
Victoria, BC, V8R5A7
Tel:(250)405-5339   
lina.feng@bmo.com

Royal Bank's student classic 2 VISA is not bad.

No fees and you can still get points to redeem for gift cards and stuff. It's a good deal for students. Bank of Montreal's mastercard is great for others, not so much for students.

引用:
原帖由 yyyyy 于 2008-8-27 12:26 发表
No fees and you can still get points to redeem for gift cards and stuff. It's a good deal for students. Bank of Montreal's mastercard is great for others, not so much for students.

不知道yyyyy是否知道BMO的SPC student Mastercard。这是专门为学生朋友设计的信用卡,不仅是无年费,能累积Airmiles点,而且还能在以下所有的商家结账时获得即使折扣,估计这是RBC学生visa不能提供的服务特色吧。

Aldo
10% off full price and sale merchandise.
Aldo Accessories
$5 off any purchase of $30 or more.
Athletes World
15% off regular price and 10% off already reduced merchandise.
Bluenotes
10% off all Regular & Sale Merchandise.
Burger King
10% off any BK™ Combo.
Esprit
10% off both regular and sale price with your SPC
Foot Locker

Save 15% off regular price & 5% off sale price merchandise with your SPC Card
Guess
10% off Full Price and Sale Merchandise. Retail stores only.
Guess Accessories
10% off Full Price and Sale Merchandise. Retail stores only.
Harvey's
Enjoy a free order of medium fries when you purchase any a la carte burger and 20 oz. Pepsi fountain drink. Not valid on purchase of combo specials or with other offers. Present SPC card before ordering. No cash value. Valid only at Harvey's participating locations.
Levi's

10% off regular & sale priced merchandise with your SPC Card
Manchu Wok
10% off regular priced menu items with your SPC Card
MC College Group
Receive 25% off any Hairstyling or Esthetics service. Visit
www.mccollege.ca for a salon near you.
Off the Wall

10% off regular price merchandise with your SPC Card
Payless ShoeSource
10% off all regular & sale priced merchandise including BOGO
Pizza Hut
$2 off any regular price medium pizza (Code UW) or $3 off any regular price large pizza Code UX). Must be presented at time of order, all taxes are extra, one per customer, per day.
Rogers
Visit
www.spccard.ca/onlinedeals.aspx for special offers from Rogers throughout the year.
Roots
Take 10% off when you spend $40 or more. Valid in Canada stores only.
Sport Chek
Enjoy $5 off any purchase of $50 or more & $10 off any purchase of$100 or more. (F4) Trxn Discount. No cash value, not valid on 3rd party offers or previous purchases. Some exceptions may apply. Card must be presented at time of purchase.
Sport Mart
Enjoy $5 off any purchase of $50 or more & $10 off any purchase of$100 or more. (F4) Trxn Discount. No cash value, not valid on 3rd party offers or previous purchases. Some exceptions may apply. Card must be presented at time of purchase.
Sterling
10% off any sale & regular priced purchase with your SPC Card. Not Valid with another other promotions.
the Bay
10% off regular and sale items. See HB in the legend for limitations. Excludes all Electronics Department items (including CD's, DVD's and all accessories), Cosmetics & Fragrances, Mattresses, Major Appliances, Pharmacy Prescriptions and Codeine Products (Certain restrictions will apply), Licensed Departments & Licensed Merchandise (Including Browns Shoes, Licensed Jewellery, Olsen, Windsmoor group [Windsmoor, Planet, Précis, Jacque Vert], Thy-Thy), Men's West End Room, Bridge Brands (Dept. 127: including Anne Klein New York, Ellen Tracy, ABS, Andy The-ahan), Premium Denim (Cat. 139: including James Jeans, Sacred Blue, Second Jeans), Spanx Hosiery, Dooney & Bourke Handbags, Calvin Klein Handbags. Additional limitations may apply. Not valid for online purchases at
www.hbc.com. See in-store for more information.
Tip Top Tailors
Save 10% off regular price & 10% off sale price merchandise with your SPC Card.
Zellers
10% off regular and sale items. Excludes Pharmacy Prescriptions and Codeine Products (certain restrictions will apply), all Electronics Department items (including CD's, DVD's and all accessories), Mattresses, Major Appliances, Licensed Departments & Licensed Merchandise, Tobacco, Lottery Tickets, Gift Baskets, Direct Mail Offers, Special Orders, Take Home Food, Hbc Rewards Orders, Charity Plush Toys and T-Shirts, Gift Cards from Hbc, Phone Cards. Not valid for online purchases at
www.hbc.com.
Zellers Restaurants
Save 10% before taxes. Excludes non-discountable items.

Camosun College Bookstore

Interurban Campus, Victoria 250-370-4080

20% off regular priced clothing at both campus bookstores. Lansdowne Campus, 3100 Foul Bay Road, Victoria BC 250-370-3080 & Interurban Campus, 4461 Interurban Rd., Victoria BC 250-370-4080
bookstore@camosun.bc.ca
Camosun College Bookstore

Landowne Campus3100 Foul Bay Rd., Victoria 250-370-3080

20% off regular priced clothing at both campus bookstores. Lansdowne Campus, 3100 Foul Bay Road, Victoria BC 250-370-3080 & Interurban Campus, 4461 Interurban Rd., Victoria BC 250-370-4080
bookstrore@camosun.bc.ca

以上这些只是我摘取的一小部分我们常见的商家,还有更多店铺是SPC的sponsor。

----------------------------------------------------------
Lina Feng 冯莉娜
1950 Foul Bay Road
Victoria, BC, V8R5A7
lina.feng@bmo.com

Dont know if lina knows that Airmiles is not as useful to student as gift cards.

Gift card is always better than discounts if you must know.

嗯,我想大家和我都有点糊涂了,yyyyy能给我们说的详细点吗?现在我们大家了解的是:

RBC student VISA 提供:无年费,积分换Gift Card, 所谓的“1+1”
BMO student Mastercard 提供:无年费,积分换Gift Card,再加商家的即时discount。所谓的“1+1+1”。

我想这样看起来,3总归是好过2吧。可能我有了解得不全面的地方,你可能有RBC的学生visa,如果你能把他们详细的产品特色给大家分享一下,可能同学们能比较得更清楚一点。谢谢了!

Lina Feng 冯莉娜
1950 Foul Bay Road
Victoria, BC, V8R5A7
lina.feng@bmo.com

Hey, nothing to offend BMO.

Just want to give our new comers more options. No one want this column to be a Bank of Montreal free advertisement.
I just want this Xiao Mei to make the most informed decision. Not just someone who has self interest in the issue and bias only towards the services that BMO provides.

These are the banks available in Victoria:
1. Bank of Nova Scotia
2. Toronto Dominion Bank
3. HSBC
4. CIBC
4. Royal Bank of Canada
5. Bank of Montreal

To XiaoMei:

Go check all of them and pick the one that you like the best.

I am a student, not an employee of a bank, compared many banks ,I think Bank of Montreal's Mosaik is really good, I get  0.5% cash back, got about 100 dollars back and have SPC discount in 6 months, and no fee.

我用TD的. 也很不错.信用卡这东西其实大同小宜. 最重要大是服务.  我个人觉得TD服务很好, 很多分行营业时间都比大多数银行长.
虽然很多银行说没有年费, 但是很多其他的服务都会收服务费. 比如办学生签证要的资金证明, 我室友在BMO被收了$8刀. 之前在RBC, 要一份BANK STATEMENT也被收了$5刀. 所以到头来, 哪家银行都会占我们便宜. 所以不如用一家服务让你舒服的银行. :0)

To Imp0518,
That means you have spent $20,000 to get that $100.  For every 2 dollar you spent, you get 1 cent back. If I spent 1 dollar at UVic for a coke and return the bottle and I get 5 cents back. And you still think you got a deal?

I m not a student who spend a lot. To spend more than $20,000. It ll probably take me two years. You know what, you can only get 0.5% back. If you don't spend it and put it in a savings account or GICs, you get 3% back. Let's see which way you save quicker.

To yyyyy,

嗬嗬,谢谢你和大家分享你的想法。

首先,我想说,我们跟着这个帖子,是为了能够帮到楼主,根据我们所知道的信息,回答她提出的问题。所有人的出发点都是好的。从我提出BMO SPC Mastercard,到你跟帖说这个卡不好,然后我再问为什么不好,都是一个善意的一问一答。出发点是我想和你,和大家讨论,对于学生来说,到底哪个信用卡更好。我在#4的帖子上和大家分享了我的看法,为什么我说BMO的可能更好一点,也希望你能详细说明一下你的观点,为什么RBC会给学生带来更多好处,而不是只给一个结论,而没有论点,这样大家会很迷糊。

其次,我很荣幸当时网站的管理员能请我做这个板块的版主。因为我的工作关系,我希望我的工作经验能为大家提供更多有用的信息。我能提供的信息自然也就与BMO有关。但是我的确没想到,这会让你觉得我是给BMO做广告,而且还是为“我的个人利益”。一,如果你能浏览一下我所写的所有帖子,我提供的都是对大家有用的实用信息,关于BMO的产品介绍,我只是向大家介绍的确是BMO有特色的产品,从免费的个人账户,到学生信用卡,到6年浮动利率的房屋贷款。我从来不会在这里跟大家吹BMO的term investment产品,因为我知道BMO的定存利率并不是所有银行中有竞争力的。所以我的出发点,是让大家知道BMO提供的的确“出类拔萃”的产品。二,这是一个维多利亚华人互帮互助互分享的一个平台,绝对不是我,也不是BMO的专用平台。我们会很欢迎来自RBC,CIBC,TD等等其他银行机构的华人朋友来这里和大家分享他们的“明星产品”和服务特色。我想这也是大家希望看到的,因为这样才能使这个网站更具有信息收集性,让更多人愿意来这个网站。我绝不会说要“排除异己”来删他们的帖子,那样我也不配做版主。现在就因为只有我一个人在这里“呼哧呼哧”写帖子,才让读者们觉得我是在为BMO打广告。嗬嗬,我希望也鼓励有更多的朋友上来为别的银行“打广告”。因为这样,新来的留学生朋友和新移民才能最快的足不出户就能选到最好的银行产品。三,对于你提出的“No one want this column to be a Bank of Montreal free advertisement"一观点,我想知道,是你觉得我应该给该网站缴费才能写这么些帖子呢,还是我应该干脆就此停止,再也不应该写任何关于银行的帖子?因为我真得感到很shock,会有人觉得我不应该写这么有用的信息给大家。至今为止,我所得到的读者对我的帖子的反馈都是正面的,鼓励的。没想到给大家提供这么多的信息会引起负面影响。所以我也虚心向你请教,是否你觉得我这种做法有不当,需要改善?

再次,我帮助人的方式,就是在这里大大方方的给出我在银行的工作职位和联系方式,如果大家有问题,尽管找我,我只是尽我的能力,尽我所知,来回答你的问题,无论是银行上的,还是学习生活上的,从未曾对任何给我来电的朋友说“如果你不来找我开户,就别来烦我”。如果我只是就这样一下子给楼主扔出6,7个在加拿大的银行,然后说,你自己爱上哪家上哪家去吧,我想这并没有真得帮到楼主。楼主看了我写的帖子,至少至少知道了BMO Bank of Montreal有没有她想要的东西。

最后,谢谢前面跟帖的那几位朋友和大家分享了你们的银行经验。不一定是要银行的专业人士,只要你用过哪家银行的产品好,都欢迎上来和大家分享。这都是善意的经验分享,不是非要争个是非黑白,或要挑战其他人说的话,世上没有“完美”的东西,也不是要在这里给每家银行组建“后援团”或“粉丝队”,然后争个你死我活。还是那句话,这个网站只是一个“信息收集库”,这个东西好,好在什么地方,差,差在什么地方,清清楚楚地说出来,才能真正的帮到提问题的人。最后决策权还是在你自己手里。

P.S.最后再补充一条我认为BMO SPC student mastercard好的地方。

SPC的参与商家来看,基本上已经包含了大多数留学生在加拿大会消费的所有地方,the bay,Zellers,和其他的各种品牌店。如果你在这些店里用BMO的SPC mastercard,都能拿到10-15%的即时discount。一般其他信用卡的cashback是多少?1%?3%?

给大家举个例子,你到Foot Locker买一双$100的运动鞋,你用BMO的SPC mastercard,即时省下了$15,如果你是airmiles rewards的话,积了2个点儿,如果你是cashback的话,还能再拿回$0.5。如果你用一张有3%的其他银行的信用卡的话,你能拿回的就是$3。一年下来,同样在这些店里消费,哪个更合算?

Lina Feng 冯莉娜
1950 Foul Bay Road
Victoria, BC, V8R5A7
lina.feng@bmo.com

To dailian11,

很同意你的说法,银行间的竞争是很大的,产品的种类和特色不会有很大的差别,主要是看你“舒不舒服”。我以前在某个帖子里曾经说过我的一个观点,“重要的不是看which bank you bank with, 而是whom you bank with”。我在BMO做了三年,接待过无数来自其他各大银行,要switch到我们银行来的客人。每个人都有自己在那些银行不愉快的银行经历,令到他们想move business to another bank。我想那些银行肯定也会接待过不少来自BMO的客人,说BMO如何如何的不好,要转到他们银行去的。其实这是一个很常见的现象。不是说那些银行的产品不好,只能说这些客人没有被银行好好地take care,而让他们觉得有被银行忽视或不被善待的不好感觉,所以他们才想换银行的。

在西方社会里,消费者们其实会更注重服务,如果他们能得到尊贵全面体贴的服务,他们不会介意A银行的银行月费比B银行贵5块钱,不会介意A银行的房屋贷款利率比B银行高0.5%。如果他们能找到真正take care他们账户的人的话,他们甚至会跟着那个personal banker从一家银行转到另一家银行。

就像你说的,银行的确是对很多服务都要收费,但是不是这些收费都是死板的呢,哪怕你是皇帝老儿也要照单收费呢?不是的,说实话,十几二十块的那些服务费对于银行不是大钱。同样是一个银行里的客户,有人得老老实实的缴费,有人可以一分钱不花,就看你有没有找对人。所以,我很“同情”你的室友在BMO为了拿一份资金证明就花了8块。下次再有需要的话,来找我吧,我可以给他免费的。嗬嗬,不管我这样说会不会在给大家我又在“给BMO打广告,或是为个人利益”,起码我可以帮你省$8,呵呵。

Lina Feng 冯莉娜
1950 Foul Bay Road
Victoria, BC, V8R5A7
lina.feng@bmo.com

I agree with Rina and I also got some information from her even I am not the guest of BMO and her.

Come one! Is this really necessary, really? All these long paragraphs of bla bla bla. So, what do you want? Help BMO or save you face? You got both here. Congratulations!

BMO is really good at commerial lending which I have to agree. But the personal banking, come on, all the people in the industry know that it is not that good no matter how aggressive you guys are(I didn't say lousy, but as least not that good).  

By the way, to Lina, if you wanna get more commissions or better performance reward, how about transfer yourself to the lending or commerial banking. With your "outstanding" ability to bla, you will be way better off there.

I know I bs a lot. But all I do is to let know other choices. Unlike our parent's generation, all our teens or twenty something want to have choices. No matter what bank we choose, it is about who we are.

If you sit down and think why these banks give us this discount or that gift card or even ?% cash back, all they do is to make us spend more, spending money on things we don't even need to. And you know why, the VISA / Mastercard companies on average make 3 to 4% on every purchase of yours. And you know what this does? For everywhere that accept VISA / Mastercard, the price will be at least 3 to 4% more expensive than else where.

So, let's shop at China Town where only cash or debit card is accepted! Juuuuust kidding.

To yyyyy,

嗯,真的是没什么好争辩的了。但是我很自信,我的“bla”是受到大多数读者的支持和感谢的,至少我每次写的文章和跟的帖子都是切切实实为提问者或大家提供了帮助。今天如果让大家从头到尾读你我在这里跟的帖子的话,大家心里自有一个定论。虽然你说no defend,但是我却觉得你从帖子一开始不正面的给大家解释为什么BMO的这个东西不好,到后面对我的一种酸溜溜的说法,让我的确觉得你是在对人不是在对事了。我不知道是什么引起你对我在这个网上写文章这么反感?嗬嗬,而且看来我应该在银行上班不领工资,才能来这里给大家写帖子。否则就要给人说,我是来这里骗客户赚钱了。

Lina Feng 冯莉娜
1950 Foul Bay Road
Victoria, BC, V8R5A7
lina.feng@bmo.com

I didn't say "no defend", I said "nothing to offend", totally different meaning.
I think you are really pissed off. Hey, all I said is that BMO is not as good and it is not the only bank in town. There are others. Don't know why you are so angry.
I don't have to answer directly on why BMO's service or product is not good enough. It is up to other people to decide. Plus, who am I to judge. Canada is free of speech.
I didn't say you did not do a good job giving out banking info. You did do an outstanding job giving out banking info at BMO. That's all.

This column is called "投资理财", not "投资理财 at BMO". If someone takes the time to count how many times you mentioned "BMO" in your postings, people will be amazed, at least I will.
Hey, relax, this is just a bbs, not a professional playground where you make presentations. Don't get pissed off when social loafers like me bs here. I bet you have better work to do.

LINDA is a warm-heart person to provide useful info to everybody who need help.
However, no matter what kind of financial service people asked,finally she made a conclusion that BMO is best. Definitely it can't be true, i think each bank has its own feature. BMO can't be the best all around. For me,i use Amex credit card,CIBC check account, Citizen saving account. I use my own way to save pennies.

as th BZ here, Linda shall provide broadly,not limited to BMO,otherwise people may think u just advertise you own bank.

There we go. That's all I meant, but maybe in a bs way.  And maybe what we need are people like airmiles who can give us neutral comments on the banking products, services, and their individual experience.
Maybe she does not know enough to give us a broader view. Nothing personal, it is just my two cents. I think it is up to all of us with difference point of views to make this column a better one.

29 12
发新话题