发新话题
打印

维多利亚市长 Dean Fortin 先生6月寄语

维多利亚市长 Dean Fortin 先生6月寄语

Message from Dean Fortin  June 2014
VICTORIA - PROSPEROUS & AFFORDABLE

A City where every family and senior can afford to live. A City where every young person can see their future.

Growing economy benefits allAs the global economy continues to recover, people are investing in Victoria. You can especially feel it in our downtown core where spaces that were empty for years are coming to life. The 700 block of Yates Street, the 600 block of Fort and the 500 block of Pandora have all recently seen new developments.

Victoria’s growing economy benefits all residents. This year, the city took in $1.3 million dollars in new assessed revenue, which is $800,000 more than was budgeted.

This new revenue enabled us to set the lowest overall tax increase in 14 years, increase our annual contributions to our community centres, seniors centres and our library, and invest in new crosswalks and other infrastructure for pedestrians and cyclists.

We continue to support our affordable housing trust fund of $250,000 each year, and contribute $100,000 per annum to the Coalition to End Homelessess.

A commitment to fiscal responsibility and thoughtful, sustainable growth will allow us to continue on this path to ensuring that Victoria is an affordable city with opportunities for people of all ages.

Many more development applications coming forward. $300 million in new construction permits were issued in 2013. This will equate to 1.5 to 4 million dollars in new assessed revenue for 2015, allowing us to continue the downward trend on tax increases and continue investing in the services and infrastructure our residents want.

Investing where it counts In recent years, we have been diligently investing in Victoria’s infrastructure, something that was neglected by far too many previous Councils.

We have increased spending on capital projects and more than doubled our annual contributions to our reserve funds. In 2013, our reserve funds totalled 127.6 million dollars, an increase of over 50 million since i took office in 2009.This fiscal responsibility means that we can afford to invest in critical infrastructure, like the Bay Street Bridge, Crystal Pool and Firehalls, without asking our children to pay the bills.

Open Door
Every month, I host Open Door meetings to connect directly with people in the community. I invite you to join me at an upcoming event to talk about what matters to you in Victoria.

Meetings are one-on-one for ten minutes. No appointment is necessary.

Friday, June 27, 9-11am

Koffi in Oaklands
1441 Haultain Street

Friday, July 18, 9:30-11:30am
James Bay Coffee and Books
143 Menzies Street

HarbourCats 2nd seasonI was excited to throw the first pitch in front of 3000 fans at the Victoria HarbourCats 2014 season opener.   I'm proud to see this team thriving after we brought baseball back in 2013!.

I'm looking forward to another great summer of baseball at Royal Athletic Park in Victoria. See you at the field! http://harbourcats.com/schedule/calendar/

We're onlineVictoria City Council meetings are available online. Watch livestream or view the videos later on your schedule.

Click here to view meeting schedules, agendas and video links. As always, meetings are open to the public unless stated otherwise, so you can still catch the action in-person at City Hall.

附件

AyaseChineseNameUntitled2.png (24 KB)

2014-6-20 10:13

AyaseChineseNameUntitled2.png

发新话题