发新话题
打印

[实用信息] 不要去别人的blue box里捡易拉罐

不要去别人的blue box里捡易拉罐

每到recycle的日子,我们就会看到有人拖着小车挨家挨户地从bluebox里寻找易拉罐等值钱的东西。傍晚时分,这些人就拉着装得满满的小车甚至外加一个大垃圾袋满载而归了。

也许有人会说,人家不过是为生活所迫,拾荒度日,你扔在blue box 里的东西就好比扔在街边的沙发床垫,没啥值得大惊小怪的。

不然!这种行为非但有悖文明,而且是法律所不允许的,就法律而言,scavengingstealing是一个概念。

不是我吓唬你,在北美所有的国家和地区,法律禁止这种盗窃行为。以维多利亚而言,CRD2290bylaw明确规定,任何人,除房屋主人和CRD工作人员外,不得将blue box里的物品窃为己有。

这个规定看似荒诞,但是法律就是法律,每一个公民必须遵守。如果要细究,这个法规的制定有三个原理:

• CRD和负责回收的公司签有合同,所有回收物品之创收归回收公司所有,用以抵消回收的成本。所以从理论上说,物品一旦放入blue box,其所有权归CRD或回收公司。一旦回收公司从“废品”上的创收不能抵消其成本,那么recycle就不是一个免费的服务了。
  • Identity Theft是一个日趋严重的问题,有些人盗取他人ID从事非法活动,而blue box里一张不起眼的纸片往往记载了个人的重要信息。
  • 很多拾荒者乱翻乱捣,所到之处一片狼藉,污染环境还加重了回收人员的负担。

所以,用法规禁止scavenging就是合情合理的了。

可惜的是,由于一些人法律意识的模糊,此类“拾荒”行为屡禁不止。没有被抓现行,那是侥幸,万一碰到一个认真的房主,那可不是说几句好话求个绕可以解决的。CRD的态度非常明确,他们鼓励市民举报scavenging,对于每一个举报都会认真追查。

以下信息来自CRD网站,仅供参考,请勿做过度解读。

https://www.crd.bc.ca/service/waste-recycling/curbside-recycling-program/scavenging-identity-theft

What is scavenging?
Scavengingmeans that someone is taking recyclable materials from your blue box or bagwithout your permission. CRD Bylaw No. 2290 states that no person, except theowner and the CRD recycling collection contractor, shall remove any recyclablematerials from a recycling container at the curb prior to its collection.

Why does the CRD have a bylaw againstscavenging from recycling containers?
TheCRD has contractual obligations to provide the maximum quantity of materialsavailable to its collection and processing contractors. The theft of materials(such as aluminum cans) may result in loss of revenue from the sale ofrecyclables and increase program costs.

Why should I be concerned about scavengingfrom my recycling containers?
Oneissue of growing concern is identity theft. Scavengers may take documents withyour personal information and use the information without your knowledge orconsent. This can pose a serious threat to your privacy.

How can I protect myself against identitytheft?
Werecommend that you shred or tear all papers containing personal informationprior to recycling. You can also use a permanent dark pen to cover upconfidential information. Place shredded paper in a closed or stapled paperbag, cereal box or other non-corrugated box inside your blue bag.

We also recommend that you place your recyclables at the curb as close aspossible to the pick-up time of 7:30 a.m. on the morning of your collectionday. This reduces the opportunity for scavengers to rummage through your blueboxes and bags.

What should I do when I notice or suspectscavenging?
Immediately call the CRD Hotline at 360.3030 if youobserve scavenging or suspect it has taken place. Do not engage with the scavenger.All reports will be investigated.

What information should I report to theHotline?
If possible,provide the exact location, a description of the scavenger's features andclothing, information on license plate numbers, direction the scavenger wasleaving in, and any other relevant information.

謝謝提醒  

用中文发这个没有用。

我见到在垃圾桶里捡垃圾的都是洋人流浪汉。

都是洋人流浪汉——谢天谢地,但愿如此。
下面这幅照片都上了报纸了,照片下第一句话就是:
An elderly Asian woman picks through a recycling bin……

引用:
原帖由 FIONASUN 于 2014-8-8 09:35 发表
用中文发这个没有用。

我见到在垃圾桶里捡垃圾的都是洋人流浪汉。

这个话题相当没意思,就让它沉了吧,别回帖了。

asian啊。那就用asian语言发在论坛上吧。

这样的话题讨论讨论未尝不可。居住在加拿大就得适应这个环境,就得遵守这里的法律。作为一种提醒,楼主的发贴还是有意义的。而且楼主说的对,不要过度解读就好。
Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.

哦。原来楼主是好心提醒啊。

那么谁家里有这种翻别人家垃圾箱的亲人,回家提醒一下,以后注意安全。

明确一点:假如你的蓝色回收垃圾箱堆在公共区域是可以翻箱的不受法律制约,假如垃圾箱还在房主的领地上去翻箱就属于偷盗。图片中的翻箱大侠没有触犯法律,她有条件的话可以反告报纸侵犯人权或是种族歧视

引用:
原帖由 ganxiaohua 于 2014-8-8 19:30 发表
明确一点:假如你的蓝色回收垃圾箱堆在公共区域是可以翻箱的不受法律制约,假如垃圾箱还在房主的领地上去翻箱就属于偷盗。图片中的翻箱大侠没有触犯法律,她有条件的话可以反告报纸侵犯人权或是种族歧视
靠翻垃圾箱谋生的哪有条件告人种族歧视。

我们同胞中的某些人,看到洋大人不高兴,就吓得腿直哆嗦。根本不必等人家歧视。

回复 11# 的帖子

其实有些人生活条件很好的,但是闲不住,他们去翻箱不一定就是以此为生,但是大多数的人不懂法律也不屑跟本地人交流。我们在加拿大还是要重视法律,这是一个依法办事的国家。没触犯法律,什么时候什么地点都直着腰杆。

引用:
原帖由 ganxiaohua 于 2014-8-8 22:16 发表 其实有些人生活条件很好的,但是闲不住,他们去翻箱不一定就是以此为生,但是大多数的人不懂法律也不屑跟本地人交流。我们在加拿大还是要重视法律,这是一个依法办事的国家。没触犯法律,什么时候什么地点都直着腰杆 ...
的确要重视法律。所以想提醒你认真阅读相关法律条文,在公共场所的blue box里捡易拉罐犯不犯法?我可以负责的告诉你,这犯法。只要是blue box里的东西就是city的财产。

发新话题